The El Dorado County Library offers 3D Printing at the El Dorado Hills and South Lake Tahoe libraries! Each location offers different services. Please check the library you plan to visit to find out what services are available at that location.
Please note services may not always be available due to technical difficulties or COVID-19 restrictions.
Rules for 3D Printing
- Printing is free! There is no charge for materials or time, though donations are welcome.
- You may print one project per month, print time not to exceed four hours per library card.
- You must have a current El Dorado County Library card, in good standing, to print or to pick up a completed project. Need a card? Download the adult application or the children's application and bring it to the library during open hours with a valid photo identification.
- All print projects must be approved by a 3D Print Lab library staff member or volunteer.
- The library reserves the right to refuse any print requests.
- You may not use the Library's 3D printers to print:
- material prohibited by law or by library 3D Print Lab guidelines
- weapons, weapon parts, or weapon models
- inappropriate content
- print jobs exceeding allotted time, depending on library branch
All you need is a library card
and an idea!