The Friends of the Library gratefully accept donations of books and other materials. These donations supply our book sales, which are our major source of income. Due to limited work and storage space, we ask that donors limit donations to not more than 10 boxes of materials at a time.
Donations must be in saleable condition. Water damaged and/or mildewed materials are discarded immediately. We can not accept encyclopedia sets (no matter the date).
All donations are scanned for possible inclusion in the library collection. If an item is not needed in the library collection, it is offered for sale either in the library lobby or the book sales held at the main library and our branches.
- Current (within a year) news, car, computer, consumer information magazines
Specialty magazines, such as food, hobbies, history, wildlife, and pets
- Record Albums
- In good condition with their dust jackets intact
- Videos, CDs, cassette tapes, books on tape
- In working order with their covers
Not home recordings of television shows or movies
- Paperback books
- In excellent, good or fair condition and fairly new
- Hardback books
- Books of current interest and in excellent, good or fair condition
- Rare and Out-of-Print Books
- Books that may be of interest to collectors
The Friends of the Library are grateful to the members of the community who donate their books. We make every effort to get a good price for all donations to raise money for your library. We welcome your donations and would welcome you as a volunteer.